Tuesday, July 1, 2008

List.....

I have a ton of bitching going on inside of me right now and no one is to blame and if I were to vent aloud many would be hurt...maybe.
1. My house isn't selling as fast as I had hoped and I'm afraid it will happen so that I will have to move at the same time I'm starting a new school year
2. My sister is still angry at me and I at her and it looks like nothing will fix it
3. Along with #2, my youngest needs a hair cut and because his hair is SOOOOO thick, course, and curly I don't trust just anybody to cut it and Day is still not speaking to me (I do understand it is a two way street, but heavy shit went down this time. Not just water under the bridge)
4. I had a niece born and was told her name was going to be Tori Rachel which is cutesy enough for a little girl but could be refined enough for a mature woman. Her mother changed her mind when baby was en route--Tori Kenzie is her name. Come on...that is either a little girl name forever or she will already have a stage name when doing unmentionable things to strange men holding dollar bills. I normally don't pass judgement on naming children, my children have "unique" but meaningful names but Tori's sister was named Brooklyn Nicole, what happened to...ugh I don't know how to explain.
5. I am taking a class toward my Master's (it is really short, like a crash course in 10 days) and the instructor decided we should break into pairs and teach the class an assigned chapter. I go tomorrow and I am totally freaking!!! I could talk to a room of 1000000000 students all day long, but give me 2 colleagues and I am a total flushed, babbling idiot.
6. Because of said class I haven't been able to make it to the gym and I feel like I'm gaining back pounds by the minute. It really helps my stress level by sweating my guts out and lifting weights until I can no longer hold my water bottle with one hand--so the freaking out is doubled because of non-attendance.
7. I haven't cleaned my house in days. Most of you wouldn't notice if you came by (I have cleanliness OCD) but I do and it really doesn't help things but I haven't the time to do it: class, kids, posting blogs.....
8. I've been trying to get used to my hair being fixed curly instead of straight because it is so humid in Maui that I thought I wouldn't even try the fight of straightening. I have now found that after 29 years of banishing my loose, ringlet perm-like curls they have finally gone by the wayside: NOW WHEN I WANT THEM!! Why must things go like that in life?

I guess I should get back to my power point, I'm hoping that the class will be so glued to it that they won't look at me then maybe I can assure myself I won't pass out. No, it hasn't gotten easier in fact I think the older I get the more afraid of speaking to a group I get. GREEEEAAAAAT!

Final note that has nothing to do with anything:
Tel just devoured his noodles like a dog even though the plate was on the table and the fork laid properly on the right side on top of a folded napkin. I did not see it happen, he came in to tell me about it because he was so proud of himself (FYI just in case you are calling me a hypocrite right now: Tel's name comes from a series of novels my husband is in love with and it means "story teller" which he is)

No comments: