Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Blues

I think I have the blues. I wouldn't say it was depression because I did get out of bed, shower, do my makeup, go to the gym, and take my kids to swimming but I am low. The end of my summer vacation is a week from today (I know some of you are saying 'WTF I don't even get a summer vacation what is she bitching about'; you more than likely make a lot more than I do a year--public school educator remember). I got back from Maui on Monday and I have missed it ever since. Not the actual 'I want to move there' or 'I want to be back on vacation'; it's more like 'I want to live there on the beach and never work another day of my life, just snorkel and watch the ocean'. Completely unrealistic I know. I am usually so pumped for the new school year by now and this year I'm not. I need one of those fun meetings where people share fun ideas that would totally work for me that I get anxious to use--I don't know if I have a meeting like that coming up but God I hope something motivates me soon. I also normally have my and Dax's school clothes purchased by now (ALL OF THEM) oh no, not this year: Dax has all his new shirts and I have 3 new outfits. Dax starts football on Monday and it is craziness during the season, we are constantly on the go and I have to get all the school shopping done before Thursday. Oh and Tel starts preschool so he needs new clothes and backpack too. The list goes on, you can now see why I am down and want to escape to a tropical island. Boo hoo me. I will try to be more funny and upbeat next time.

No comments: