Friday, June 27, 2008

Tidbits from my boys

How do you teach a child to carry a tissue to catch the projectile snot or even get a tissue once said snot has shot? I am so proud of my 3 year old, he covers his face when he sneezes however he doesn't remember to carry the tissue until AFTER the sneezes shoot. He suffers from severe hay fever which is about the only thing, other than olive skin coloring, that he inherited from me. The poor baby will be woken from a deep 3 am sleep with his powerful snot and he will just sit there saying/yelling "mommy" until I wake up enough to get to the bathroom to retrieve the tissue or, if I was thinking at bedtime, grab the tissues I sat at my bedside. It is funny how bodily secretions do nothing to mothers--no fear whatsoever, no flinch, no surprise, no anything except the wish of the time when they are taken care of my the secreter.

The Huge Wiener Monster: As I sat here checking blogs and posting my hubbie popped by to give me a kiss goodbye on his way out to work. I gave him my full attention and realized that his "work" pants are hole ridden ALL in the crotch region. I told him as much and he shrugged it off however, my 8 year old took it and flew. He explained to his dad that one of these days "it" was going to just bust out of the hole (and made arm jesters, very largely, to represent what "it" would look like) and you'll just be a "HUGE wiener monster that will turn around and say AAARRGHH and trip an old lady". Yep, he meant trip her with "it". My hubbie was rolling... Dax was going off with this story and even though it was probably completely inappropriate, Jesse cracked up and seeing him laugh made me do the same. Oh boy the imagination my children have.

1 comment:

Missuz J said...

Love it. Love. It. I'm going to have to work in the phrase "Huge Weiner Monster" somehow today.