Thursday, July 17, 2008

Don't you wish your girlfriend was hot like me??

After my morning gym visit and on our way to swimming lessons, Dax replayed a conversation Tel had with one of the playroom attendants (who are super cute and always have nothing but GREAT things to say about my children which I know are totally biased because they can be little assholes and one day they were actually fist fighting and the girls STILL said how cute and polite they are and how much they love having them around). The youngest attendant (she is maybe 19 and so sweet) asked Tel if she could be his girlfriend. Tel replied "no I already have a girlfriend". The girl asked who it was thinking a friend would be named I'm sure. Tel answered "my mom!". So there you have it ladies and gentlemen, when it seems like you are having the worst hair day and that huge pimple won't go away just remember you are probably the HOTTEST person to one of your children. Every night as Tel is drifting off to sleep (remember he sleeps with me--yea, yea I know the lines...) he says "You are my girlfriend, you are my mom, you are my Darcie, and you are my bestest friend that ever was". I hope he feels the same way when I ground him from a football game, or whatever, when he is a Junior in high school.

I leave for Maui in, not counting today, 3 days. I have last minute things I need to purchase and will do so tomorrow; like a new memory card for my camera, sunscreen, a charger for my Ipod that plugs into a wall socket, a new hairdryer and diffuser, and a jacket that will go with shorts, jeans, and a sundress. This is where you come in: where would I find a jacket in July? What kind of jacket would fit that need? I was thinking a dark jean jacket??? Whadayathink?

1 comment:

Missuz J said...

No idea on the jacket--hope you found one.

Tel is so damn cute--my ovaries are bursting.

Bon Voyage!