Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Summer Routine

I haven't posted in awhile and I feel bad about it. When I started this I was determined to be a regular poster but it seems as though it is harder to set aside time or come up with topics. So here is a post about my summer vacation so far.
Each day I go to the gym at 9:00. I hadn't went for a couple of weeks (last week of school chaos and trying to get into the summer routine set backs) and when I started back IT KICKED MY BUTT!!! I am still more sore each day than what I had worked up to but I think it is a good thing because I didn't lose at much tone/strength as I would have thought. Some days I just do cardio, some weights and cardio, and on Thursdays the same class I went to before only in the morning. Yep, still having to wear a pad because of the incessant jumping and my first day back to said class I fell on my ass. That's right folks...FELL. It happened so quickly I don't know exactly what happened but I do believe it had something to do with the tread of my shoes sticking to the tread on the work out stair and the other foot moving to the stair before first foot could 'unstick' itself. I didn't get hurt, was mildly embarrassed, and laughed soooooo hard at myself. After the gym I race my boys to swimming lessons which are at 10. Dax is in pre-swim team again this year. His ability is there but because of his age he isn't in the "competition group" which consists of junior high kids. Tel is in his second session of level 1. His first teacher recommended he go to level 2 because he, too, is a fish; but because of his age I chose one more session of level 1. At 11 we leave the pool and run any errands in town that need to be done because with the price of gas there is NO way in HELL I'm going back in. We get home around noon but have already ate at some junk food place which shoots my diet in the face. Then it is time for the house clean because YES it is for sale. No one has had a walk through but my realtor has had MANY calls and people are constantly stopping and grabbing a brochure. I know the market is slow and it has been listed for only two weeks, but I want it sold yesterday (remember my problem with impatience). Mondays and Fridays I take my grandma to her physical therapy, Tuesdays I work all day (summer "make up" school, it is cake-I read the entire time because very few people are there for social studies), and Wednesday, oh Wednesdays I despise you. Around 4:30 is when I get to sit down and NO my house hasn't been cleaned yet. Gym, swimming, grocery store, lunch, piano, feed pseudo farm....... I would like to excuse myself and go to bed now but my hubbie works a totally f-ed schedule and I think it would be considered neglect if I were to let my kiddos cook their own dinner and run their own baths. Anyhoooooooo. I'm sorry there is nothing exciting for me to talk about. Oh, wait there is!!! Next month will mark my 10 year wedding anniversary and I am going to Maui! I need to work out diligently, watch what I eat, and buy cute sun dresses with matching shoes cuz I'm gonna look GOOD in the pictures we bring back. It'll be just like a postcard baby. Well, that's my goal anyway.

1 comment:

Missuz J said...

I keep asking myself how I have time to WORK during the school year. There is so much to do without even setting foot at school.