Friday, June 20, 2008

It makes sense--of course it does Tel

I've changed the title of my blog as a tribute to my 3 year old son. It is his new phrase and he uses it properly-kind of. For instance, I was putting his PJs on him and suggested he only wear the bottoms because the nights have been so warm and he replied "I want the top with the bottoms, it makes sense mom". Yes, it does. Tops go with bottoms even if you sweat your guts out all night and toss and turn so much your mother doesn't sleep a wink (yes, I am one of THOSE mothers who let their children sleep with them until they choose to sleep on their own--another topic, another time). It was an entire "Bob the Builder" ensemble so it did make sense. Like the PJ incident, my blog makes sense: the incoherence, the casual display of meaningful things in my life, the rude shit I talk about, etc are all part of who I am or mainly how I think JUMP... JUMP... JUMP... but I come up with really good thoughts while jumping around.

As I write this "intended to be short" post my fore mentioned son came out of the bathroom and asked/stated "Can I be naked? My shorts are sweaty and I need them off cuz my legs need fresh air on me" Naked doesn't mean bare ass to him, that is nakey or "woo woo". Naked is to be without pants; wearing underwear and a shirt. Tel and his cousins frequent this look daily at their grandma's house (the saint retired early to watch grand babies so all of us could continue our careers, at the end of this month she will be the charge of 5 children, 3 yrs and younger and an 8 year old--I emphasize SAINT), they all 3 prefer this and all 3 sets of parents do not but that is what g-ma's are for right. So Tel is naked watching "his shows", playing Star Wars guys and as content as a child can be. Again, naked is without pants--how many of us would like to be naked most of the time, oh hell maybe even nakey would be good in this weather. Happy first day of summer.

1 comment: