Saturday, August 30, 2008

Labor Day Weekend Thoughts

Because I haven't an interesting thing to write about I thought that I would just bulletin the many rather unintelligent thoughts going through my mind at this time. I'm not at work and don't go back until Wednesday so shoooo academic ideas, gimme junk!!
  • I bought the new Kid Rock CD (Rock n Roll Jesus): yes, I am into Kid Rock. In a weird been used by skanky women and "I don't know why the hell I feel this way maybe it's because I should've been a groupie instead of a school teacher" kind of way, I find him appealing. Maybe it is just the forbidden life. I dunno.... I love his music; all of it.
  • The anorexic girl who doesn't wear a bra at the gym that I have posted about before is now teaching a weights/aerobic class on Saturday mornings and I attended it. She kicked my ass; I hate her even more now but I will continue going to the class.
  • I also went to 1/2 of a new class this morning: "Nia". I loved it. It was very...hmmmm... relaxing?? The official description is "a combination of dance and martial arts; focusing on the "dynamic" and "ease" movements". Very much like the 'alternative' dance class I had in high school. I want to go for the entire time but couldn't today because the gym daycare only lets the kids stay for 90 min intervals.
  • I was reading other blogs and many a person is fall cleaning their houses. I want to do the same. I tried to last weekend, actually I referred to it as purging my shit. But I really need someone to assist because I can rationalize why I need that red can labeled "cookies" and an outsider could just tell me to get a grip on my god damn hording--what, was I raised during the depression?? Why do I do this and how the hell can I get rid of the junk baggage.
  • Forgot: I took the boys to "Star Wars: Clone Wars" last Sunday. It was fun, they love seeing movies in the theatre and I really like the devouring of a ginormous tub-o-popcorn and extra large Pepsi in the dark where no one can see that I am undoing all the healthy eating and hard ass workouts from the previous week. Now THAT is the forbidden life--WHAT A RUSH I GOT!! The movie was alright, I'm not a big Star Wars fan. My boys are; they can actually give you a verbal family tree of the friggin bounty hunters (The Fetts for those of you who are savvy). There were some one liners that made me laugh but just seeing the delight in my boys was enough for me.

Well that sums up my thoughts. Pretty bad, huh. It gives you fodder. Have a splendid work-free, important thought-free weekend!!

No comments: