Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Just a Fam Update

Dax had his football opener on Saturday. He plays on the 3rd/4th grade combined team. They got their asses handed to them on a silver platter! I'm usually not one of those moms who make excuses as to why my children weren't the best performers (because I totally realize that football is something Dax has to work at, school not so much) but they played Hurricane and they are a bunch of cheap shooting, mouthy son of a b's. To give you an example: after one of the plays was completely over, a Hurricane player grabbed one of our players and head butted him FROM BEHIND!! The little jerk just got a flag thrown on him--he wasn't pulled from the game. Oh and the parents from Hurricane: they like to yell words that I don't use in mixed company loudly to our coaches and players. IT WAS CRAZY!! Hopefully our boys will do better next game; they really didn't play their hardest but the other shit was unacceptable.
Hubbie, who is the defensive coach for Dax's team, was furious!! He is rather competitive and well, when you lose it isn't good at the Hirschi residence. No "better luck next time boys" from him. I believe I actually saw spit fly from his mouth when he was giving his "pep" talk to the team at yesterday's practice. We didn't get any calls from parents so the kids must be getting used to his over-excitablity (for lack of a better term).
Telly has been sick, as have I. But Hubbie and I want to know: why can't children be as sweet as they are when they are running a friggin high fever all the time. He wanted to snuggle, to just 'be' with Hubbie or me, he taught us how to play Pokemon (even if he showed us in a way that made him win every time). It was great but today the fever was gone and he has gone back to school. Which he is loving. He loves being there, he loves telling people he goes, but he hates the getting ready for and thinking about what he may be missing while he is there. He, too, is very bright but unlike Dax, Telly will probably voice his boredom of school and it will take everything we have to keep him going. Dax is a rule follower: he will finish his school work in half the time and read quietly; Tel is a rule maker: he will finish his school work in half the time and want a friend or 20.
The Hirschi's are all doing well. I know I didn't elaborate on myself this is because my life has been a whirlwind. I am at home about 2 hours every day (other than the 7 at night while I'm sleeping) and my house has been crazy dirty. I need to get back into the preschool, scouts, piano, football, work juggle mode. Hopefully next week.

1 comment:

~A~ said...

Thank you for making feel better that I fell through on the deadline for Muffin Man's (my 4th grader) football registration. You just listed a whole reason why I've been withholding my children from team sports at a young age.

But I allowed Button to run track in 5th grade so I don't think I'll be able to get past that next year. Why can't parents just be normal? I have no issue with excitement but there's no reason to be a$$es. :D