Monday, March 17, 2008

Clothes from high school????

So maybe I'm stealing a bit of my piece from a friend of mine, but I am expanding. Should I attach a cite reference page??? I don't think she'll care.
Who the hell can wear clothes from high school? I could until I got married, 10 freakin years ago!! I was reading a blog and the comments people were adding, both were about items of clothing that a person has owned the longest and low and behold there was an individual who not only stated she has children but that she owns and occasionally wears clothing from high school. You all know my internal battle with weight (actually food) management and my addiction to the gym and NONE of my goals include wearing the size from high school. Bearing children, alone, makes it physically impossible to squeeze into that size. And before I go on I should mention that while in high school the fad was to wear "too tight" pants which, at the time, I had to lay on the floor (first thing in the morning--NO BREAKFAST ALLOWED, may cause bloating) and have my sister work the zipper up while I tried to work the pants together. It was accomplished day after day and DAMN I looked good. But this is nowhere ever going to happen again (the same size thing, not the squeeze into too small pants--come on don't lie to yourselves). If you have never been pregnant or given birth you still have to come to the realization that maturity did occur. A mature female is blessed with wider hips and the lovely cellulite deposits that were necessary for survival eons ago. When will we evolve to the point where our fat deposits match our technological advances of central heating!! Ok, it has now become apparent that it boils down to jealousy not really astonishment. Why can one girl still wear clothes from high school when others, myself, are just trying to get back to the ballooning size (or so I thought it was at the time, but would kill for now) brought about by the first prescription of birth control?

No comments: