Monday, February 4, 2008

Where are you springtime, how can I find you...

I promise I am not a pessimist, I am rather optimistic. Unfortunately I am using my blog as a forum for bitching and you are the whipping boy, you lucky dog.
Isn't snow so beautiful: how it falls like glitter from the deep black sky and piles up like whipped cream atop a mug of hot cocoa making the Christmas season feel so legitimate. Christmas is over, I want it gone! According to the news reports we have met our requirement of snow pack for adequate water during the summer (I say to hell with the "make up" for drought). Why must it continue to fall and why must people get excited about it: its cold, wet, and a bitch to shovel, scrape, etc. My fluid squirter thing on my windshield has been frozen for 2 weeks, my car is rotting under the thick layer of salt flipped from the roads, my floors haven't been mopped, with soap, in months--why bother someone will track in snow and there goes my work. I have gone so far as to shove my head into a rather large bag of Miracle-Gro potting soil to reminise the good times, you know when the sun shone and things grew? I guess I have become a soil huffing addict, the high I receive is a little different but it is still euphoric. I guess I will continue to sing my springtime melody, a made up version of "Where are you Christmas", invest in a tanning bed pass, huff soil, and crank my heater to 80+ until, what maybe, March. Oh please God let it get warm in March....

No comments: