Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The Gym, again. Surprised?

Today I was late getting to the gym. I had students who made up tests during lunch then had to go to the store--we were out of the essentials. Anyhoo... (FYI I really hate it when people say that) I was only able to do 45 minutes of cardio today (treadmill @ full incline--HOLY SHIT & bike) no weights; sorry to miss dealing with you today meatheads. As I was sweating my ass off (that is the goal right: ass=off) I watched "others" come in and do their thing. HELLO, two pregnant girls came in (one is maybe 3 months and the other ready to POP) they did a harder workout than I do!! My pregnancies were not so, um should we say "pretty". As I have stated in the past I gained close to 80 pounds each time and my boys only weighed 7 lb 4 oz and 7 lb 11 oz. I am in bed hooked up to IVs to rehydrate because of my hyperemesis (means major puker, I'm allergic to estrogen which was very strange to hear) after the doctors get me on meds that control the puking I am still worthless. I have zero energy, my sciatic nerve is pinched for about 6 of the 9 months so I walk weird, my hands go numb from carpal tunnel syndrome from unknown pregnancy related reasons, and I eat like there is no tomorrow because of the lack of food until I get the right meds. How the hell do these girls look so good? From behind you would never know they had a bun in the oven--I was as wide as a brahma bull (I believe that is what Jesse called me not realizing I would break down in tears and not appreciate the joke...he didn't say anything like it again). Isn't pregnancy suppose to be the time when it is ok to get fat and be lazy why would anyone put themselves through the tortuous gym if society didn't influence them? Why would you want to put on "work out" clothes made of some synthetic tight ass material and strut your stuff? I guess if you have it flaunt it, I on the other hand had WAY too much to flaunt. Oh and I didn't want every man at the gym becoming abstinent due to the visual of what can happen after the horizontal mambo session. I haven't decided if those girls have either way high self esteem (they don't give a shit what they look like-they do look good- or who cares) or way too low (way afraid of what not losing the baby weight will look like).
It really isn't any of my business, but what else do I have to think about while I'm sweating my ass off? You'd do it too.

No comments: