Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm Thankful

After reading my last blog too many times I realize that I sound ungrateful and that I am NOT. So to try and undo the done, I will devote today's blog to what I am thankful for.

I am thankful for a husband who has an excellent work ethic who not only believes a man should always work to support his family but that a man must continue to work at a shitty job if that is what is necessary.

I am also thankful for my husband being an excellent dad: he has been hands on from the moment my boys breathed air and lives for his daddy-son time.

I am thankful for parents who love me unconditionally and who influenced me to have everything in life I wish for.

I am thankful for Jesse's parents for raising such a good man. They taught him that the "extras" in life cost and in order to pay for them you must work, they taught him the importance of doing everything in your power to be at your children's "functions" and they taught him to be kind and compassionate.

I am thankful for being able to work in a career that I love!!

I am thankful for two beautiful, healthy, smart, kind, and loving boys.

I am thankful for food in my house, a roof over my head, and a dependable car to transport my family.

I am thankful for Jesse's mom and the decision she made to quit her job of 20 years to stay home and watch grand babies. I am also thankful for her willingness to help us out whenever we need no matter what it is; there are many times that transporting children needs to be done while I am to be in a meeting, etc.

I am thankful for grandparents who had a very large hand in raising me; they are/were the most understanding and non-judgmental people I have ever known.

I am thankful to live in the town in which I grew up; I can feel safe knowing my children can run and play without the worries of many cities/towns. I know that no matter where they are in this town, someone who knows them can see them. They may not be as thankful when they are teens; I know that from first hand knowledge.

I am thankful for snow because it is necessary for my garden to grow; yet I am more thankful for the warm sun that helps as well.

I am thankful for good friends who are always there when I need them without strings or expectations.

Now, I don't feel as selfish as I sounded. I hope that I have redeemed myself :)
Until next time.......

No comments: