Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tel Brief & Congrats to Dax the genius

I am only working every other day this year which is splendid! I am able to have a "regroup" day before every day of school and Tel and I have been able to spend more alone time together which he has named "best buddy day". Tel is in preschool as I have stated before. His teacher had a few students drop out (great habit at so young an age) and she requested to combine her two 3 year old classes so that she had 1 full class twice a week rather than 2 half full classes every week. So he attends school every Tuesday and Thursday for a couple of hours. FYI: His teacher is Connie Weaver and she is AWESOME!! Tel is already recognizing letters and numbers (and the difference between the two) and basic sounds of letters; they are on E now. I am simply amazed because Dax's 3 year old preschool was purely social, academia was tucked in every now and then. Yesterday was one of my days off and Tel didn't have school either so we had an extra long "best buddy day" which was kind of trying on this best buddy because sometimes I need to clean by myself and Tel didn't understand because it was in fact "best buddy day"... Toward the late afternoon I decided to hell with the house cleaning, we were playing more than cleaning, we should read books. Tel went to his bedroom to get a book to read and came back with 2. As I was saying "The End" for the second book I noticed a "what the hell is going on" look on Tel's face. I sat the book down and before I could say anything Tel had already gotten up and started for his bedroom. As he was exiting my room I heard him say to himself "in my mind I was thinking of 3 books". Yes in my mind I think a lot of things that are forgotten when I enter a new room too baby, it's just the way it is.

Dax: this year his teacher has incorporated a "challenge words" spelling test. If a child gets 100% on the Monday pre-test, they study the challege words for the friday test. Dax not only qualified for the challenge words last week, he got 100% on those difficult words as well. He is sooooo going to be my brain surgeon, whereas Tel will be my rocket scientist (those are the smartest jobs in the world right???)

1 comment:

Colette said...

Hi! Way to go Dax! Dax is such a smarty pants! :) It is so fun to catch up with you and your cute little family. Take Care! Love Colette (Mrs. Higbee)