Tuesday, May 27, 2008

For Sale

The sign is in the ground!!! Today, well yesterday, I began the scrub the floors, walls, ceilings, lights, and everything else that someone might scrutinize routine for today the realtor came and took pictures that will be posted online! I am not as tech savvy as some of you, I cannot add links to this shit nor can I post pics that I took myself so I must rely heavily on my skill of painting a picture with words. My house is spotless even for my standards. So "put together" that my realtor (oh, we ended up going with a realtor because a friend of ours said it helps weed out the broke ass weirdos who kill time by pilfering your prized possessions) said "Darcie, it is unnecessary for your house to be perfect for every showing". Hmmmmm...... does she know me??? I FREAK out when I am going to entertain family and close friends, WTF am I going to do knowing that strangers are deciding whether or not to make the biggest purchase of their lives. MAJOR pressure. How do you get beyond this? I am also freaked because I worry that my house will not sell. I want someone to make an offer tomorrow so that my ego and love for my dwelling is validated. I know it is ridiculous thinking, but it creeps into the fore front of my thoughts periodically and I don't know how to banish it all together. I am so excited and yet so nervous. I know this is what I want to do but I want it done....yesterday. I hate the wait, the worry, the staging. For all of you who have sold a house (not during the house buying spree but during the "normal" selling/buying times) how did you get through this? How long will it take for someone to buy my house? How much should I stage? clean? Please, oh please, even those of you who don't comment do so anonymously if you must. I need answers. It's like going to the hospital to give birth to your first child and never reading or taking a child birth class. You know it will take awhile, but how long and how much pain is it going to inflict? Please help me.

No comments: