Sunday, July 31, 2011

Neglect?

I'm curious, is it child abuse or merely neglect that my youngest son has gone so long without bathing/showering that he has a huge ZIT and sweat rash on his cute little bum? I really don't know how I let this happen; well maybe I have an inkling. Me threatening, Tel giving me excuse, and then going about our busy day; next thing I know I have forgotten to enforce yet again.

"Tel you HAVE to shower today"

Day 1: "Why, I've been playing on the slip-n-slide all day. I'm clean, that's water"
Day 2: "I'm.....tooooo......tired.....I....will...in...the....mor......" (as he fell asleep)
Day 3: "I can't, me and the girls planned to do 'x' "
Day 4: he slept over at the girls' house
Day 5: SHOWER-----ZIT FOUND, SWEAT RASH, STINKY PIGS, DIRTY BOY

I had no idea boys are sooooo gross! My oldest boy was so good at bathing, he enjoyed it. I just don't know about this one.

No comments: