Friday, March 4, 2011

Guest Speaker

My Psychology classes just ended their unit on the brain (my most unfave; physical science and I do NOT get along) and they learned quite a bit. I wanted to do something "different" for them to apply their knowledge so I thought "hmmmmmm who do I know with damage to their brain" AHA!! My wonderful sister!!

She who used to be outgoing, she who used to love "doing", she who had zero disabilities and was unique based on her LOUD personality. She who needs purpose.

1st period was a success! The kids sat quietly totally engrossed in her long, sad story. They had awesome questions and Dayna answered wonderfully. She told her story and only teared up twice---way less than if it were me up there. She comes back in a little while to speak to my 4th period and I know she will do even better then (the what-ifs will have vanished, now she's old hat)

Thank you Dayna and sadly, thank you tumor and stroke because we have gained a lot through these trials that we wouldn't have otherwise. It hasn't killed us, it must be making us stronger (Dayna for sure)

No comments: