Thursday, February 5, 2009

Days Off

I was late to work today--no really late like I had students walk in right behind me. But today I didn't care to be on time in fact if I knew it would be easy I would've called in sick or maybe QUIT! Don't get me wrong, I love my job and I love my husband even more for putting up with me going back to school to get an entirely different degree and racking up thousands in student loans to follow my "dream" of teaching. But.... this morning I woke up well before anyone else (my boys are natural EARLY risers), ate breakfast in silence, and read a magazine while I drank a cup of coffee (I will explain the new me drinking coffee in a later blog). On my second cup Tel woke up and joined me in the kitchen and we just sat and randomly talked for a long time--too long, I was now running late. I picked him up and took him to wake up dad because I needed to get ready for work. I then started my makeup and here comes Tel. "Mom lets just go sit down and visit some more" That was it: I QUIT! I wanted to just sit with him until he bored of my conversation, I wanted to spend that time just the two of us. Dax was able to have that with me, he was first and I was going to school, not working-- a lot more at home time. I couldn't sit and visit with Tel anymore; I had to finish and get out the door in order to be in my classroom before students. Nothing has made me second guess working before and summer vacation reinforces my desire to do so. But my 3 year old baby boy, with his golden hair and big blue eyes, made me wish we could live comfortably on one salary. And when I get home he will probably be the pestering little shit he normally is: IQ of a 6 year old (argues points, backs them up with reason), ability to tease like a 9 year old (wants to do just what brother does), but whiny like the 3 years he is (not quite 9 and very sad is isn't because it isn't fair Dax does all this "cool" stuff).

No comments: